Our animals are young, weighing about 600-750 lbs.
The meat is dry-aged for two weeks. The combination of young animals and dry-aging produces a very tender, low-fat beef.
The meat is not highly marbled, so steaks should be cooked rare or medium rare. The ground meat is very low in fat and makes great hamburgers and tacos.
Your beef comes to you cut, wrapped and frozen. There are pick-up points in Albuquerque and Mountainair, NM. In addition, pick-up in Santa Fe can be arranged.
When you order custom meat, you are purchasing a share of a live animal. That animal belongs to you and the other purchasers as soon as it leaves the ranch. The price is based on the weight of the meat you actually get once it has been butchered, packaged and frozen. The cost of the processing is included–approximately $650 per animal. Your final price, stated in terms of the packaged meat you receive, is given below.
- You will pay approximately $10 a pound for the packaged meat. The yield is between 100 and 130 lbs of meat; the cost will be between $1000 and $1300. This price includes the processing.
- You will get a lot of steaks, ground beef, some roast, ribs and stew meat. You get to choose your own cuts.
- You will pay approximately $10.50 per pound for the packaged meat. You will get 50 to 65 lbs of meat; the cost will be between $525 and $700. This price includes the processing.
- You will get lots of steaks and ground beef, roasts, ribs, stew meat, etc. Steaks will be cut to 1 1/2 inches thick.
Assorted Cuts (20-22 lbs)
- You will pay $11.00 a pound, or $220. You are getting one-tenth of an animal.
- You will get steaks (one or two each of rib steak, T-bone, sirloin, all cut 1 1/2 inches thick), a roast and 9-10 lbs of ground beef, plus other cuts.